Office of Victim & Survivor Rights & Services
Helping victims during COVID-19
We know the current situation is challenging. We commit to monitoring evolving concerns and remain dedicated to delivering services to victims of crime. To protect the health and safety of our staff, the CDCR Office of Victim and Survivor Rights and Services (OVSRS) has transitioned its services to work remotely as much as possible. CDCR’s OVSRS customer service remains available and will continue to process requests as efficiently as we can. The quickest way to contact Victim Services is via email at email@example.com
Formed in 1988, the mission of CDCR’s Office of Victim and Survivor Rights and Services (OVSRS) is to give crime victims and their families a voice. The formation of the office has laid the groundwork for enforcing victims’ rights and providing services.
OVSRS maintains a comprehensive victim services program and establishes justice practices to ensure crime victims and survivors are afforded the utmost respect in exercising their legal rights. To this end, OVSRS is responsible for providing information, notification, restitution, outreach, training, referral and support services to crime victims and their next of kin.
This website will provide you with valuable information if you were the victim, survivor, or witness to a crime and the offender was sentenced to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) either in an adult or juvenile facility.
How can we help you?
- Contact the Office of Victim & Survivor Rights & Services?
- Request notification of an offender’s release, death, or escape?
- Offender family notification – Dustin’s Law?
- Request information on juvenile offenders?
- Request collection of a direct order?
- Attend a parole hearing for a life sentenced inmate?
- Check the status of a scheduled parole hearing?
- Write a Victim Impact Statement?
- Request a Parole Suitability Hearing Transcript?
- Request compensation for travel costs to a parole hearing?
- Find information about parole?
- Find information about Medical Parole?
- Find information on the parole process for inmates serving life sentences?
- Find the location of a CDCR inmate?
- Find an inmate’s CDCR number?
- Find out about California sentencing laws?
- Find out what happens after sentencing?
- Find out what happens to the inmate while incarcerated in the CDCR?
- Find out my restitution responsibilities as an adult offender?
- Make a payment toward the restitution I owe?
- Contact my local county Victim/Witness Assistance Center?
- Find information on other resources available?
- Download CDCR forms and publications?
- Request victim advocate training for my organization?