Doing Business with CDCR
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) is committed to providing opportunities for local communities to do business with this organization. There are a variety of State programs available. We encourage you to review the information and resources available to learn more about the CDCR Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) program.
Contact a Statewide Small Business/DVBE Advocate
Nina A. Martinez
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B-2
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone: (916) 255-3029
Fax: (916) 255-0677
Small Business/DVBE Advocate Program Information:
- Small Business/DVBE Program Guidelines
- Contract Guidelines and DVBE Incentive
- CDCR Contracted Services and Goods Types
- How to Locate CDCR Competitive Bidding Opportunities
- Become a State Reciprocity Partner
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Role of the Small Business/DVBE Advocate
The CDCR Small Business/DVBE Advocate represents the department statewide to the Small Business/DVBE and non-profit community. The CDCR statewide coordinator supports the business community with program compliance and information, such as, prompt payment assistance, certification assistance, bidding opportunities, and California certification or non-profit recognition.
The statewide Small Business/DVBE Advocate provides contact information to the business community to better assist suppliers seeking business opportunities with the department. As needed, the Small Business/DVBE advocate serves as liaison for CDCR and the Department of General Services on Small Business/DVBE program issues. The CDCR is structured with Small Business/DVBE Advocate liaisons to represent each of the 33 CDCR facilities, institutions, and programs to provide additional business services and support throughout California.
Small Business Accounts Receivable/Payable Assistance
Certified SB suppliers or non-profits seeking assistance with past due payments may email a request for assistance, to Sacramento Accounting Small Business Center for Excellence, to receive payment on past due invoices.
The following are links to the California Department of General Services’ website, which provides information for small businesses and DVBEs:
- Selling to the State – Learn how California government acquires goods, services, and information technology.
- State Contracts – Learn about the California State Contracts Register.
- Small Business and DVBE Services – Learn more about California’s Small Business and DVBE Services.
- California Small Business Certification – Learn how to become a certified small business.
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) Certification – Learn how to become a certified DVBE.