Konocti Conservation Camp #27
- 8275 South State Highway 29, Lower Lake, CA 95457 (access off Doten Road)
- Phone: (707) 994-2437
- Fax: 707-994-3750
CDCR Camp Staff
- Lt. J. Auzenne, Camp Commander
- Sgt. B. Holt, Assistant Camp Commander
2021 Camp Statistics
- CDCR Staff: 10
- Total number of inmates: 33
- Total inmate capacity: 100
Community Service Projects/Emergency Incidents:
Konocti Conservation Camp provides local communities with thousands of crew hours through work projects and conservation efforts each year. These work projects include:
- Boggs Mountain DSF
- Sonoma County Roads
- Northshore Fire Protection
- Mt. Konocti Recreation Area
- Napa County Fair
- USFS Upper Lake
- Local and County Fire Stations
Konocti hand crews also provide work on shaded fuel breaks, hazard tree removal, vegetation removal on roads, forest walking and ATV trails, and perform campground maintenance.
Konocti Conservation Camp (#27) was opened in April 1963. CDCR and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) work in collaboration in the overall operation of the camp. In addition to five incarcerated fire crews, Konocti has a CAL FIRE Mobile Kitchen Unit (MKU). The MKU is able to respond to major incidents and provide meals for all personnel involved. Konocti also has a Mobile Equipment Unit (MEU). The MEU responds to major incidents to repair and maintain numerous vehicles and equipment involved at the incident.
These services are vital to the fire suppressions missions and both resources are regularly dispatched to major campaign fires. Konocti Conservation Camp also services all emergency fire vehicles in Lake County in one of the largest heavy equipment garages in the area.
- AVP, AA/NA
- G.E.D. and college courses
- Waste Water Treatment Program
- Community volunteers provide spiritual services and program support four (4) days a week.