Start off the new year with a new career as a Correctional Officer. To meet current hiring needs, the Office of Peace Officer Selection is hosting multiple JumpStart Hiring events for Correctional Officer applicants.
All in one day, the JumpStart event allows applicants to:
- take the written exam
- physical fitness test
- Live Scan
- start the Background process.
Some JumpStart applicants have completed the selection process in as little as four months.
More events will be added each month throughout the state.
Recruiter Danny Royster followed up with some of the JumpStart participants on Jan. 6 in Sacramento, and here are their stories:
- “I’m 23 years old, live in Stockton and work as a carpet/tile installer and I was influenced by family who are currently correctional officers and excited to begin this new career.”
- “I’m currently a property manager and live in Martinez and decided to join because of the medical and retirement benefits.”
- “I’m a father of two daughters and need a stable career and income to take care of my family. I live in Antelope and work for a pest control company. So happy I was able to take advantage of this JumpStart event to help speed up the process.”
- “I am a stay-at-home mom and failed the PFT previously. I’m determined to be a Correctional Officer so I’ve worked hard and lost over 100 lbs. I’m ready to go this time.”
OPOS invites all CDCR staff to be a recruiter by sharing the benefits and opportunities available with a career as a Correctional Officer.