The Crisis Response Team from Ironwood and Chuckawalla Valley State Prisons took part in multi-agency active shooter training on April 12.
Hosted by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office, the training was held at an elementary school in Blythe.
Participating agencies included:
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Department (Colorado River Station)
- Blythe Police Department
- La Paz County Sheriff’s Department
- United States Border Patrol
- California Highway Patrol
- Bureau of Land Management
- California Department of Forestry and Fire
- Riverside County Search and Rescue
The CDCR team thanked everyone involved in the active shooter training.
“Their commitment to training and staying vigilant is a testament to their mission of protecting and serving our communities,” said Crisis Response Team organizers.
By Lt. H. Mora, Ironwood State Prison
See more stories on joint operations.