The Division of Adult Parole Operations (DAPO) Community Transitions Program (CTP) staff hosted an information booth during Prison Palooza at California Medical Facility (CMF).
The Sept. 29 fun-filled event included food, live music, dunk tank, cornhole, and origami lessons.
Incarcerated people were also able to visit information booths for various parole and reentry services including the pre-parole process, re-entry plans and services, direct placement, community programs, transitional housing, and mental health. The Division of Rehabilitative Programs and Board of Parole Hearings were joined by county agencies and non-profit groups hosting informational booths.
Parole staff relayed the message, “DAPO is here to help with your reintegration into the community and encourages the use of the many opportunities and resources available to the parole population upon release.”
In attendance were:
- Alma Underwood, Parole Administrator, Headquarters (HQ) CTP
- Bianca Lopez, Parole Agent (PA) III, HQ CTP
- Kristie Tweedy, PA II, CTP, CMF/SOL/SQ
- Miya Dorn, Parole Service Associate (PSA), CTP, SOL
- Samantha Cook, PSA, CTP, CMF
DAPO Field Unit:
- Eddy Yee, PAII, San Francisco, San Francisco Parole Unit
- Dr. Elizabeth Kita, Clinical Social Worker, Behavioral Health Reintegration, San Francisco Parole Unit
Article submitted by Parole Agent II Supervisor Kristie Tweedy