How to Schedule an In-Person Visit at an Institution with Email
After suspending in-person visiting statewide in March 2020 at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic health emergency, the department worked closely with our health care partners to begin reopening institutions for in-person visitation beginning April 10.
Under the department’s Roadmap to Reopening, each inmate will have the opportunity for one, two-hour in-person visit if the institution has progressed to the appropriate phase of reopening that it has been deemed safe to do so. The Roadmap can be found at https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/reopening/roadmap/.
There are no limits to the amount of visits a visitor may schedule; however, incarcerated persons are only allowed one visit per day, either in-person or video. All visiting will be determined based on availability and health and safety considerations.
Visitors are encouraged to reference information below on how to schedule visits, and our answers to Frequently Answered Questions on visiting that can be found at https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/visitors/video-visitation-faqs/ .
How can I request an in-person visit at an institution?
To request an in-person visit at an institution, approved visitors must use the email process as detailed below at this time.
Emails must be received between Saturday at 8 a.m. and Monday at 8 a.m. for in-person visit requests for the following weekend. Requests for in-person visits that do not arrive in that timeframe will not be reviewed. A request to visit on an approved holiday may be submitted seven days prior, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
For example: The email reservation scheduling window for an in-person visit to take place the weekend of May 22-23 begins 8 a.m., Friday May 15 and continues through Monday, 8 a.m. May 17.
If you are an approved visitor, please email all necessary visitor information to the designated email of the institution for which you would like to request a visit.
Specific day and time requests cannot be accommodated — you will be assigned a day and time that cannot be changed. Visiting hours vary, but most facilities will schedule video and in-person visits between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekends and holidays. Visiting slots will be limited based on space availability in accordance with COVID-19 safety protocols. Please ensure that you are available during these times to make sure you can make your assigned appointment time.
If multiple visitation requests are received from approved visitors using different email addresses, the approval will be granted in the order the emails were received. Approved visitors who do not receive a visit will need to resubmit a request at the next eligibility date. Requests will not be rolled over to the following weekend. It is your loved one’s responsibility to inform approved visitors of their next eligibility date.
Institution email addresses:
- Avenal State Prison: ASPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California City Correctional Facility: CACVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Calipatria State Prison: CALVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Correctional Center: CCCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Correctional Institution: CCIVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Centinela State Prison: CENVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Central California Women’s Facility: CCWFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Health Care Facility, Stockton: CHCFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Institution for Men: CIMVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Institution for Women: CIWVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Men’s Colony: CMCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Medical Facility: CMFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison, Corcoran: CORVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Rehabilitation Center: CRCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Correctional Training Facility: CTFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Chuckawalla Valley State Prison: CVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Deuel Vocational Institution: DVIVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Folsom State Prison: FSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- High Desert State Prison: HDSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Ironwood State Prison: ISPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Kern Valley State Prison: KVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison, Los Angeles County: LACVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Mule Creek State Prison: MCSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- North Kern State Prison: NKSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Pelican Bay State Prison: PBSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Pleasant Valley State Prison: PVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility: RJDVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison, Sacramento: SACVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility: SATFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Sierra Conservation Center: SCCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison Solano: SOLVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Salinas Valley State Prison: SVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- San Quentin State Prison: SQVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Valley State Prison: VSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Wasco State Prison: WSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
What to include in the email when requesting an in-person visit?
Inmate’s Full Name
- Inmate Name
- Inmate CDCR Number
- Approved Visitor(s) Full Name(s)
- Date of Birth
- Valid Identification Type and Number
- Relationship to the Inmate
- Email Address
- Phone Number
How will I know if a visit is scheduled with my loved one
You will receive an email confirming the appointment.
How to Schedule a Video Visit with a Fire Camp Using Email
Each incarcerated person will have the opportunity for a free 60-minute video visit. All visiting will be determined based on availability and health and safety considerations.
How and When Can I request a Video Visit with a loved one at a fire camp?
To request a video visit with a loved one at a fire camp, approved visitors must use the email process.
Emails must be received between Saturday at 8 a.m. and Monday at 8 a.m. for video visit requests for the following weekend. Requests for video visits that do not arrive in that timeframe will not be reviewed. A request to visit on an approved holiday may be submitted seven days prior, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Example: An approved visitor requesting to visit on Friday, Dec. 25, 2020 (Christmas Day), would be allowed to request a video visit on Friday, Dec. 18, 2020, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Additionally, a request to visit on Friday, Jan. 1, 2020 (New Year’s Day), would be allowed to request a video visit on Friday, Dec. 25 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
If you are an approved visitor, please email all necessary visitor information to the designated email of the camp or institution for which you would like to request a visit.
Specific day and time requests cannot be accommodated — you will be assigned a day and time that cannot be changed. Visiting hours may vary, but most facilities will schedule video and in-person visits between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekends and holidays. Visiting slots will be limited based on space availability in accordance with COVID-19 safety protocols.
Please ensure that you are available during these times to make sure you can make your assigned appointment time.
Conservation camp email addresses:
- Malibu: MalibuVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Mount Bullion: MountBullionVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Vallecito: VallecitoVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Camp Holton: HoltonVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Julius Klein: JuliusKleinVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Ben Lomond: BenLomondVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Deadwood: DeadwoodVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Delta: DeltaVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Growlersburg: GrowlersburgVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Prado: PradoVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Puerta La Cruz: PuertaLaCruzVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Gabilan: GabilanVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Miramonte: MiramonteVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Eel River: EelRiverVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Parlin Fork: ParlinForkVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Oak Glen: OakGlenVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Antelope: AntelopeVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Mountain Home: MtnHomeVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Konocti: KonoctiVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Salt Creek: SaltCreekVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Washington Ridge: WashingtonRidgeVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Bautista: BautistaVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Salt Creek: SaltCreekVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Alder: AlderVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Intermountain: IntermountainVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Acton: ActonVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Francisquito: FrancisquitoVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Ishi: IshiVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Trinity River: TrinityRiverVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Fenner Canyon: FennerCanyonVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- La Cima: LaCimaVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Owens Valley: OwensValleyVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
What to include in the email requesting video visit?
- Incarcerated individual’s name and CDCR Number
- Visitor(s) name, date of birth, ID number of an approved identification, relationship to the incarcerated individual, email address, and phone number.
How will I know if a video visit is scheduled with my loved one?
For a video visit, your confirmation will appear with the subject line “Webex meeting invitation.” Please check your spam or junk folder in your email account if you do not immediately receive an appointment confirmation in your inbox. The confirmation email should not be deleted. It includes a link to the Cisco Webex meeting as well as the scheduled date and time and instructions on how to join the meeting from a computer or a mobile device.
What if I can’t download apps or get the Webex software on my laptop/computer or my smartphone?
Webex is required to be able to participate in video visiting. Please see the Webex step-by-step guide for installation and how to use the technology before your scheduled video visit. If you cannot get or use the Webex software you will not be able to participate in video visits.