How to Schedule a CDCR Video Visit
CDCR in December 2020 began offering real-time video visiting at all 35 prisons as a safe way for incarcerated people to see and speak with their loved ones. Most conservation camps, commonly known as fire camps, will rollout video visiting during February and March.
Under the new system, each inmate will have the opportunity for a free 30-minute video visit every 30 days. Visits on holidays count toward this limit. Visits will take place on weekends and holidays, between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m..
When can I submit a request for a video visit?
Emails must be received between Saturday at 8 a.m. and Monday at 8 a.m. for video visit requests for the following weekend. Requests for video visits that do not arrive in that timeframe will not be reviewed. A request to visit on an approved holiday may be submitted seven days prior, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Example: An approved visitor requesting to visit on Friday, Dec. 25, 2020 (Christmas Day), would be allowed to request a video visit on Friday, Dec. 18, 2020, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Additionally, a request to visit on Friday, Jan. 1, 2020 (New Year’s Day), would be allowed to request a video visit on Friday, Dec. 25 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
How can I request a video visit?
If you are an approved visitor, please email all necessary visitor information to the designated email of the camp or institution for which you’d like to request a video visit. Specific day and time requests cannot be accommodated — you will be assigned a day and time that cannot be changed. The visits will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday or Sunday, so be sure that you’re available during these times to make sure you can make your assigned appointment time.
Institution email addresses:
- Avenal State Prison: ASPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California City Correctional Facility: CACVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Calipatria State Prison: CALVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Correctional Center: CCCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Correctional Institution: CCIVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Central California Women’s Facility: CCWFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Centinela State Prison: CENVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Health Care Facility, Stockton: CHCFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Institution for Men: CIMVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Institution for Women: CIWVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Men’s Colony: CMCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Medical Facility: CMFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison, Corcoran: CORVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California Rehabilitation Center: CRCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Correctional Training Facility: CTFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Chuckawalla Valley State Prison: CVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Deuel Vocational Institution: DVIVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Folsom State Prison: FSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- High Desert State Prison: HDSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Ironwood State Prison: ISPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Kern Valley State Prison: KVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison, Los Angeles County: LACVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Mule Creek State Prison: MCSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- North Kern State Prison: NKSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Pelican Bay State Prison: PBSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Pleasant Valley State Prison: PVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility: RJDVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison, Sacramento: SACVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility: SATFVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Sierra Conservation Center: SCCVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- California State Prison Solano: SOLVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- San Quentin State Prison: SQVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Salinas Valley State Prison: SVSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Valley State Prison: VSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Wasco State Prison: WSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
Conservation camp email addresses:
- Mount Bullion: MountBullionVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Vallecito: VallecitoVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Camp Holton: HoltonVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Julius Klein: JuliusKleinVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Ben Lomond: BenLomondVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Deadwood: DeadwoodVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Delta: DeltaVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Growlersburg: GrowlersburgVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Prado: PradoVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Puerta La Cruz: PuertaLaCruzVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Gabilan: GabilanVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Miramonte: MiramonteVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Eel River: EelRiverVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Parlin Fork: ParlinForkVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
- Oak Glen: OakGlenVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
Additional camps will implement video visiting in coming weeks.
What to include in the email requesting video visit?
- Incarcerated individual’s name and CDCR Number
- Visitor(s) name, date of birth, ID number of an approved identification, relationship to the incarcerated individual, email address, and phone number.
How often can I schedule a visit?
Each incarcerated individual may have ONE free 30-minute video visit during a 30-day time period, holiday visits count towards this limit. If multiple video visitation requests are received from approved visitors using different email addresses, the approval will be granted in the order the emails were received. Approved visitors who do not receive a video visit will need to resubmit a request at the next eligibility date. It is your loved one’s responsibility to inform approved visitors of their next eligibility date.
How will I know if a video visit is scheduled with my loved one?
You will receive an email confirming the appointment with the subject line “Webex meeting invitation.” Please check your spam or junk folder in your email account if you do not immediately receive an appointment confirmation in your inbox. The confirmation email should not be deleted. It includes a link to the Cisco Webex meeting as well as the scheduled date and time and instructions on how to join the meeting from a computer or a mobile device.
What if I can’t download apps or get the Webex software on my laptop/computer or my smartphone?
Webex is required to be able to participate in video visiting. Please see the Webex step-by-step guide for installation and how to use the technology before your scheduled video visit. If you cannot get or use the Webex software you will not be able to participate in video visits.
Where can I find more information on the new video visiting program?
Make sure you’re also checking the institution’s visiting status under “Facility Status” on the CDCR website to ensure that the facility is still open for visiting.