On Friday, June 25, two teams from CDCR, CCHCS and DJJ will join others for the Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run. Runners will gather at 8:30 a.m. at Sacramento State for the 3.5-mile run that ends at the Capitol. The run begins around 9:15 a.m.
After the run, a ceremony at the Capitol will feature guest speakers such as Diana Toche, CDCR Undersecretary of Health Care Services.
Currently, two teams represent CDCR, CCCHS and DJJ. Find out how to donate on their team pages.
- CDCR/CCHCS Heart and Sole of Corrections: https://specialolympics.donordrive.com/team/7241
- CDCR-FOPS/CCTRP/ACP/CBU/WCSU: https://specialolympics.donordrive.com/team/7216
- Learn more about the event: https://specialolympics.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=1855
See coverage of the 2019 Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run:
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvz6F8Ez-WU
- Article: https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/insidecdcr/2019/07/24/across-state-cdcr-staff-pick-up-the-torch-to-help-special-olympics/
What is the Law Enforcement Torch Run?
The Torch Run’s mission is to support Special Olympics Northern California through fundraising and public awareness, while enhancing the quality of life of the athletes. Also, the campaign doesn’t end with the run, as it is a yearlong process.