California Health Care Facility (CHCF) staff recently attended cross training for Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Cognitive Behavioral Intervention.
Those attending included:
- California Health Care Facility
- Center Point Inc.
- Division of Rehabilitative Programs (DRP)
The training was hosted by the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), Center for Criminality and Addiction Research, Training and Application (CCARTA).
The April 4-6 cross training was held at the CDCR Parole Office and Saint Mary’s High School in Stockton. Trainees included CHCF custody staff, DRP AOD contractor staff, medical staff and mental health staff.
Since 1995, UCSD has successfully been providing cross-training to in-custody treatment providers in cooperation with the CDCR, DRP and institutional in-service training departments. The National Commission for Certifying Agencies accredited the course.
The purpose of DRP cross training is to:
- help build collaboration between different professionals within the institution
- improve rehabilitation by helping staff recognize their critical roles
- and the rationale for rehabilitation.
Submitted by Lt. M. Orozco