As the need to fill correctional officer positions increases, the CDCR Office of Peace Officer Selection (OPOS) is making the hiring process faster, easier, and more convenient to attract the incoming workforce.
OPOS to fill multiple correctional officer positions
To stay competitive with other hiring agencies, online platforms are being used to streamline processes and enhance customer service to better assist candidates through the process such as:
- Monthly Virtual Career Fairs highlight career opportunities and allows participants to speak directly to recruiters and background investigators.
- Register at JoinCDCR.com.
- Live Chat feature is available on the JoinCDCR.com website.
- Written exams can be taken online but in-person exams are still available.
- Increase JumpStart events at all selection centers. The northern selection center offers events on a weekly basis. Central and Southern will follow soon.
- Suspension of Physical Fitness Test (PFT) in the selection process. However, cadets are still required to successfully pass the PFT in the Academy.
- Online background investigations with ability to access and upload documents from your phone.
- Psychological screening interviews are available online or at the nearest testing center.
- Candidates can reschedule components to fit within their schedule.
- Videos are available online to guide candidates through the hiring and background process.
- Academy tours and a Q&A with staff are offered to incoming cadets giving them an idea of what to expect during the 13-week Academy.
More improvement to hiring process on way
As more exciting efforts are underway to make the process faster without reducing required selection or academy standards for candidates, OPOS invites all CDCR staff to be a recruiter by sharing the benefits and opportunities available with a correctional officer career.
Written by the Office of Peace Officer Selection