A flag football team of volunteer female officers from three CDCR institutions and parole took the top spot in a tournament against other law agencies.
The Lady Riots consisted of volunteer staff from:
- the California Institution for Men
- California Rehabilitation Center
- California Institution for Women
- and the Division of Adult Parole Operations.
The CDCR team went up against:
- Spartans from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office
- Pistols from the Riverside Police Department
- and the Valkyries from the Los Angeles Police Department.
All proceeds went to the families of fallen Riverside County Deputies Isaiah Cordero and Darnell Calhoun.
The CDCR female football team coach, Correctional Counselor Anderson, said it was all for a good cause.
“This is a great opportunity to give back to the fallen officers. I’m very proud of all the ladies who participated,” Anderson said.
Submitted by Lt. Manuel Vega, AA/PIO
California Institution for Men