Audits and Court Compliance
The Office of Audits and Court Compliance’s (OACC) services are dedicated to identify unreasonable risks to the Department; minimize waste; increase efficiency, accountability, and compliance with court-ordered remedial plans in departmental programs and operations; and enhance the public safety mission of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).
OACC’s mission is to help CDCR achieve its goals through an objective systematic, disciplined and collaborative approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, promote efficient and effective management of departmental resources, and monitor compliance with court-ordered remedial plans. OACC accomplishes this by identifying departmental risks, analyzing data, and performing audits and reviews. OACC communicates the results through; accurate, objective, and timely reports; corrective action plan requests, and follow-up monitoring updates.
Identify significant risks to the department, promote efficient and effective management of departmental resources, assist the department to comply with court-ordered remedial plans, and enhance the public safety mission of CDCR.
Goals & Objectives
- Conclude the development of joint audit tools to assist in termination of two major lawsuits.
- Reduce contract overpayments.
- Identify processes to increase efficiency and accountability.
- Prevent fiscal waste.
- Early identification of significant risks to CDCR that allow executive management to take corrective action and avoid substantial liability and negative external agency exposure.
- Increase CDCR’s credibility by enforcing accountability through tracking and monitoring of corrective actions to elicit positive changes within the Department.
Office of Audits and Court Compliance
P O Box 942883
Sacramento, Ca 94283
Phone: (916) 255-2990
Fax: (916) 255-1850