California State Prison, Sacramento (SAC)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
California State Prison Sacramento - Mission Statement
The mission of California State Prison-Sacramento (CSP-SAC) is to protect the public by housing maximum security inmates serving long sentences or those that have proved to be management problems at other institutions. CSP-SAC also houses inmates requiring specialized mental health programming and inmates with high risk medical concerns. CSP-SAC promotes rehabilitative opportunities via work assignments, vocational training, self help programming, and educational opportunities.
CSP-SAC is primarily a Level IV institution, consisting of twenty- four (24) semi-autonomous 180 designed housing units and one (1) stand alone Administrative Segregation Unit all surrounded by a Lethal Electrified Perimeter Fence. There is also a Level I Minimum Support Facility (MSF). CSP-SAC has three of the four level of care identified by the Mental Health Services Delivery System, Correctional Clinical Case Management System, Enhanced Outpatient Program, and Mental Health Crisis Bed. CSP-SAC is on 882 acres, sharing this property with Folsom State Prison, Folsom Women’s Facility, and California Prison Industry Authority. In 2012, CSP-SAC was the first institution in California to achieve American Correctional Association accreditation with 98.6 percent score.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)