The new 2023 session convened on December 5, 2022.
Click here to view the Senate Calendar or the Assembly Calendar.
- AB 33 (Bains D) Fentanyl addition and overdose prevention task force.
- AB 60 (Bryan D) Restorative justice program.
- AB 67 (Muratsuchi D) Homeless Courts Pilot Program.
- AB 86 (Jones-Sawyer D) Homelessness: Statewide Homelessness Coordinator.
- AB 221 (Ting D) Budget Act of 2023.
- AB 271 (Quirk-Silva D) Homeless death review committees.
- AB 283 (Patterson, Jim R) Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission.
- AB 289 (Holden D) Mental health services: representation.
- AB 349 (Ramos D) Patton State Hospital: lease: housing and mental health services for homeless.
- AB 369 (Zbur D) Foster care: independent living.
- AB 448 (Carillio, Juan D) Juveniles: relative placement: family finding.
- AB 459 (Haney D) California Behavioral Health Outcomes and Accountability Review.
- AB 492 (Pellerin D) Reproductive and behavioral health integration pilot program.
- AB 505 (Ting D) The Office of Youth and Community Restoration.
- AB 551 (Bennett D) Medi-Cal: specialty mental health services: foster children.
- AB 589 (Boerner Horvath D) Homeless youth: transitional housing.
- AB 600 (Ting D) Criminal procedure: resentencing.
- AB 657 (Jackson D) Mental Health Services Funding Act.
- AB 665 (Carrillo, Wendy D) Minors: consent to mental health services.
- AB 695 (Pacheco D) Juvenile Detention Facilities Improvement Grant Program.
- AB 718 (Ta R) Veterans: mental health.
- AB 799 (Rivas, Luz D) Homeless Housing, Assistance, and Prevention program: Homelessness Accountability Act.
- AB 845 (Alvarez D) Behavioral health: older adults.
- AB 857 (Ortega D) Vocational services: formerly incarcerated persons.
- AB 862 (Bauer-Kahan D) County jails: recidivism: reports.
- AB 867 (Friedman D) Foster youth.
- AB 890 (Patterson, Joe R) Controlled substances: probation.
- AB 898 (Lackey R) Juvenile halls.
- AB 912 (Jones-Sawyer D) Strategic Anti-Violence Funding Efforts Act.
- AB 945 (Reyes D) Criminal procedure: expungement of records.
- AB 963 (Schiavo D) The End the Foster Care-to-Homelessness Pipeline Act.
- AB 997 (Gipson) Exoneration: mental health services.
- AB 1001 (Haney D) Health facilities: behavioral health emergency services.
- AB 1085 (Maienschein D) Medi-Cal: housing support services.
- AB 1104 (Bonta D) Corrections and rehabilitation: sentencing.
- AB 1112 (McKinnor) Foster youth.
- AB 1147 (Addis D) Disability Equity and Accountability Act of 2023.
- AB 1186 (Bonta D) Juveniles: restitution.
- AB 1285 (Wicks D) Encampment Resolution Funding program: individuals experiencing homelessness: state funded permanent housing.
- AB 1310 (McKinnor D) Sentencing: recall and resentencing.
- AB 1360 (McCarty) Hope California: Secured Residential Treatment Pilot Program.
- AB 1377 (Friedman D) Homeless Housing, Assistance, and Prevention Program:
- AB 1386 (Gabriel D) Veterans housing: tenant referrals.
- AB 1413 (Ting D) Homelessness prevention programs: Department of Housing and Community Development: funding.
- AB 1478 (Cervantes D) Maternal health: community-based comprehensive perinatal care: database of referral networks
- AB 1643 (Bauer- Kahan D) Juveniles: informal supervision.
- AB 1738 (Carrillo, Wendy D) Mobile Homeless Connect pilot Program
- ACR 16 (Fong) Needs of opportunity youth.
- SB 9 (Cortese D) Raising the Age for Extended Foster Care Act of 2023.
- SB 35 (Umberg D) Community Assistance, Recovery, and Empowerment (CARE) Court Program.
- SB 43 (Eggman D) Behavioral health.
- SB 46 (Roth D) Controlled substances: treatment.
- SB 58 (Wiener) Controlled substances: decriminalization of certain hallucinogenic substances.
- SB 65 (Ochoa Bogh) Behavioral Health Continuum Infrastructure Program.
- SB 72 (Skinner D) Budget Act of 2023.
- SB 246 (Ochoa Bogh) California Interagency Council on Homelessness.
- SB 250 (Umberg D) Controlled substances: punishment.
- SB 318 (Ochoa Bogh R) “2-1-1” information and referral network.
- SB 326 (Eggman) Mental Health Services Act.
- SB 333 (Cortese D) Homeless pupils: California Success, Opportunity, and Academic Resilience (SOAR) Guaranteed Income Program.
- SB 349 (Roth D) Criminal procedure: competence to stand trial.
- SB 363 (Eggman D) Facilities for inpatient and residential mental health and substance use disorder: database.
- SB 408 (Ashby D) Foster youth with complex needs: regional health teams: short-term assessment, treatment, and transition programs.
- SB 448 (Becker D) Juveniles: detention hearings.
- SB 456 (Menjivar D) Multifamily Housing Program: nonprofit corporations: homeless or at-risk youth.
- SB 491 (Durazo D) Public social services: county departments.
- SB 509 (Portantino) School employee and pupil training: youth mental and behavioral health: mental health education.
- SB 513 (Wiener D) Incarcerated persons: mental health.
- SB 519 (Atkins D) Board of State and Community Corrections.
- SB 544 (Laird D) Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act: teleconferencing.
- SB 545 (Rubio D) Juveniles: transfer to court of criminal jurisdiction.
- SB 551 (Portantino D) Mental Health Services Act: prevention and early intervention.
- SB 578 (Ashby D) Juvenile court: dependents: removal.
- SB 589 (Alvarado-Gil D) Foster youth: disaster aid assistance
- SB 641 (Roth D) Public health: alcohol and drug programs: naloxone.
- SB 657 (Caballero D) Homelessness services staff training.
- SB 717 (Stern D) County mental health services.
- SB 749 (Smallwood-Cuevas D) Criminal procedure: sentencing.
- SB 770 (Wiener D) Health care: unified health care financing
Two Year Bills:
- AB 15 (Dixon R) Public records: parole calculations and inmate release credits.
- AB 75 (Hoover R) Shoplifting: increased penalties for prior crimes.
- AB 284 (Patterson, Joe R) Department of Housing and Community Development: annual report: Homeless Housing, Assistance, and Prevention program.
- AB 462 (Ramos D) Overdose response teams.
- AB 512 (Waldron R) Mental health and substance use disorders: database of facilities.
- AB 525 (Ting D) Foster youth: supervised independent living placement housing supplement
- AB 550 (Schiavo D) Homelessness: point-in-time count results: meetings.
- AB 685 (Ramos D) Workforce training: California Volunteers: youth job corps.
- AB 697 (Davies R) Drug Court Success Incentives Pilot Program.
- AB 702 (Jackson D) Local government financing: juvenile justice.
- AB 745 (Bryan D) Reentry Housing and Workforce Development Program.
- AB 850 (Ting D) Homeless Housing, Assistance, and Prevention program: round 4 funds.
- AB 864 (Haney D) Substance use disorder: telephone system.
- AB 920 (Bryan D) Discrimination: housing status.
- AB 921 (Bonta D) Mental health: workforce.
- AB 1154 (Wilson D) Juveniles: mentoring programs.
- AB 1274 (Connolly D) Young Californians’ Inclusion Act.
- AB 1339 (Haney D) Discrimination: disability: medication-assisted treatment.
- AB 1499 (Bauer-Kahan D) Social Services: Coordination of Care for At-Risk Individuals Grant Program
- AB 1522 (Cervantes D) Foster Care: LGBTQ youth.
- AB 1636 (Santiago D) Mental health services.
- AB 1656 (Wicks D) Homelessness: funding.
- SB 7 (Blakespear) Regional housing needs allocation: homelessness. (Amended)
- SB 37 (Caballero D) Older Adult and Adults with Disabilities Housing Stability Act.
- SB 63 (Ochoa Bogh) Homeless and Mental Health Court and Transitioning Home Grant Programs.
- SB 87 (Nguyen R) Mental health.
- SB 325 (Grove R) Controlled substances: fentanyl.
- SB 402 (Wahad D) Emergency services: limiting police response.
- SB 460 (Wahab D) Hiring of real property: criminal history.
- SB 492 (Eggman D) Pretrial diversion for veterans.
- SB 742 (Atkins D) Housing: homelessness programs: report
For a complete list of the 62 bills that were vetoed or chaptered from the bills tracked by CCJBH for the 2022 Session of the Legislature, please see below. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
- AB 408 (Quirk-Silva D) Homeless children and youths: reporting. 9/30/2022- CHAPTERED
- AB 485 (Nguyen R) Hate Crimes: Reporting. 9/30/2022- CHAPTERED
- AB 662 (Rodriguez D) Mental health: dispatch and response protocols: working group. (2-Year Bill). 9/28/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 666 (Quirk-Silva D) Substance use disorder workforce development. 3/09/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 923 (Ramos D) Government-to-Government Consultation Act: State-Tribal Consultation. 9/23/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 1051 (Bennett D) Medi-Cal: Specialty Mental Health Services: Foster Youth. (2-Year Bill) 9/19/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 1394 (Irwin D) General acute care hospitals: suicide screening. 7/19/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 1685 (Bryan D) Vehicles: parking violations. 9/29/2022 – VETOED
- AB 1744 (Levine D) Probation and mandatory supervision: flash incarceration. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 1803 (Jones-Sawyer D) Probation: ability to pay. 9/23/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 1860 (Ward D) Substance abuse treatment: certification. 9/25/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 1974 (Chen R) Correctional facilities: service of process. 9/6/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 1999 (Arambula D) Mental health: individuals with vision loss. 9/18/2022 – VETOED
- AB 2077 (Calderon D) Medi-Cal: monthly maintenance amount: personal and incidental needs. 9/27/2022 – VETOED
- AB 2122 (Choi R) Public postsecondary education: mental health hotlines: student identification cards. 8/26/22 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2144 (Ramos D) Mental health: information sharing. 9/29/2022 – VETOED
- AB 2169 (Gipson D) Criminal procedure. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2230 (Gipson D) CalWORKs: temporary shelter and permanent housing benefits. 9/22/2022 – VETOED
- AB 2242 (Santiago D) Mental health: involuntary commitment. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2275 (Wood D) Mental health: involuntary commitment. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2288 (Choi R) Advance health care directives: mental health treatment. 6/16/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2309 (Friedman D) Guardianships. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2317 (Ramos D) Children’s psychiatric residential treatment facilities. 9/28/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2321 (Jones-Sawyer D) Juveniles: room confinement. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2338 (Gipson D) Health care decisions: surrogates. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2361 (Bonta, Mia D) Juveniles: transfer to court of criminal jurisdiction. 9/15/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2417 (Ting D) Juveniles: Youth Bill of Rights. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2473 (Nazarian D) Substance use disorder: counselors. 9/28/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2517 (Bonta, Mia D) California Coordinated Neighborhood and Community Services Grant Program. 9/27/2022 – VETOED
- AB 2520 (Gabriel D) Department of Justice: Office of Access to Justice. 9/27/2022 – VETOED
- AB 2526 (Cooper D) Incarcerated persons: health records. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2598 (Weber D) Pupil rights: restorative justice practices. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2629 (Santiago D) Juveniles: dismissals. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2644 (Holden D) Juveniles: custodial interrogation. 9/13/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2657 (Stone D) Incarcerated person’s competence. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2658 (Bauer-Kahan D) Juveniles: electronic monitoring. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2663 (Ramos D) Youth homelessness. 9/19/2022 – VETOED
- AB 2727 (Wood D) Medi-Cal: eligibility. 9/13/2022 – CHAPTERED
- AB 2817 (Reyes D) House California Challenge Program. 9/28/2022 – VETOED
- SB 467 (Wiener D) Trial Testimony: Expert Witnesses: Writ of Habeas Corpus. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 864 (Melendez R) General acute care hospitals: drug screening. 8/26/22 – CHAPTERED
- SB 882 (Eggman D) Advisory Council on Improving Interactions between People with Intellectual and Development Disabilities and Law Enforcement. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 903 (Hertzberg D) Prisons: California Rehabilitation Oversight Board. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 914 (Rubio D) Homeless domestic violence survivors and data systems: local and state support and guidelines. 9/28/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 929 (Eggman D) Community mental health services: data collection. 9/25/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 944 (Pan D) California Health Benefit Exchange: affordability assistance. 9/13/2022 – VETOED
- SB 1034 (Atkins D) Sexually violent predators. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1035 (Eggman D) Mental health services: assisted outpatient treatment. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1071 (Umberg D) Public social services: administrative hearings: juvenile records access. 9/28/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1083 (Skinner D) CalWORKs: pregnancy and homeless assistance. 9/28/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1090 (Hurtado D) Family Urgent Response System.
- SB 1140 (Umberg D) Opioid Settlement Fund. 9/28/2022 – VETOED
- SB 1143 (Roth D) Conservatorships: serious mental illness and substance use disorders. 9/28/2022 – VETOED
- SB 1184 (Cortese D) Confidentiality of Medical Information Act: school-linked services coordinators. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1223 (Becker D) Criminal procedure: mental health diversion. 9/29/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1238 (Eggman D) Behavioral health services: existing and projected needs. 9/28/2022 – VETOED
- SB 1302 (Portantino D) Pupil health: pupil wellness centers: grant program. 9/28/2022 – VETOED
- SB 1338 (Umberg D) Community Assistance, Recovery, and Empowerment (CARE) Court Program. 9/14/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1394 (Eggman D) Conservatorships: gravely disabled persons. 9/30/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1421 (Jones R) California Interagency Council on Homelessness. 9/28/2022 – CHAPTERED
- SB 1446 (Stern D) Mental health care guaranteed rights. 9/28/2022 – VETOED
- SR 61 (Rubio D) Relative to Unaccompanied Women Experiencing Homelessness Awareness Month.
Total Measures: 62