Staff Training and Development
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) is committed to the safety of the community, our staff, and those in our charge. In an effort to minimize potential impact from the COVID-19 virus, the following trainings provided by the Advanced Learning Institute (ALI) are cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date:
- Lieutenants’ Academy: 3/16-3/20
- Sergeants’ Academy: 3/16/-3/20
- Leadership 101 (Cohort 39, Week 2): 3/16-3/20
- 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team (California Rehabilitation Center): 3/19
- 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team (Division of Adult Parole Operations-Rancho Cucamonga): 3/19
- Basic Supervision (Substance Abuse Training Facility): 3/23/20-3/27/20
- Advanced Supervision (Cohort 15, Week 2): 3/23-3/27
- Leadership 101 (Cohort 40, Week 1): 3/23-3/27
Under the guidance and directions from the California State University Chancellor’s Office, California Governor’s Office, the Sacramento County Department of Health Services, Sacramento State President’s Cabinet, and the Dean of the College of Continuing Education, Sacramento State University is postponing all training classes, events, and activities through at least May 31, 2020, to mitigate and minimize contact and reduce non-essential gatherings.
With those restrictions in place, ALI has cancelled Leadership 101 Cohort 40 at Avenal State Prison (ASP), Cohort 41 at The Learning Center at Goethe Road, and Cohort 42 at Ironwood State Prison (ISP). CDCR hopes to move those cohorts to next fiscal year and additional information about that will come out at a later date.
Those registered for ALI Cohorts 40 and 41 will receive an email update and managers should hold off on making any participant recommendations at this time.