Calipatria State Prison (CAL)
- Institution Phone Number 1-760-348-7000 Ext. 5716
- Visitor Information Line 1-800-374-8474
- AD-SEG/ASU Telephonic Only-Wednesday, From 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM OR Until Fully Booked direct line 760-348-4670.
Physical Address: 7018 Blair Road, Calipatria, CA 92233 (Directions)
- Institution: P.O. Box 5001, Calipatria, CA 92233-5001
- Legal Mail: PO Box 5002, Calipatria, CA 92233-5002
- Inmates (include Inmate’s Name and CDCR number):
- Facility A, P.O. Box 5004, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5004
- Facility B, P.O. Box 5005, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5005
- Facility C, P.O. Box 5006, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5006
- Facility D, P.O. Box 5007, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5007
- MSF/FH/ASU, P.O. Box 5008, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5008
- Inmate Funds, P.O. Box 5003, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5003
- Vocational programs with National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) certification: Carpentry, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Electrical, Electronics and Computer Literacy
- Academic programs: Adult Basic Education, and General Education Development (GED).
- Additional elective programs: Four televised education program channels, Volunteer Literacy/peer tutor program, General Education Development (GED), College Correspondence and correspondence courses, Recreational activities, law library and recreational library services.
Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment (ISUDT)–Overview
On January 21, 2020, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) implemented ISUDT. ISUDT is a comprehensive and evidence-based cross-divisional program with pathways to treatment through DRP Cognitive Behavioral Interventions (CBI) programs referred to as:
CBI-Intensive Outpatient (Medical Classification T1, SOMS assignment code ISI) 2-hours/day, 5-days/week, 52-weeks completion
CBI-Outpatient (Medical Classification T2, SOMS assignment code ISO) 2-hours/day, 3-days/week, 14-weeks completion
CBI-Life Skills (Medical Classification T3, SOMS assignment code CB2) 2-hours/day, 3-days/week, 29-weeks completion
All participants will be assessed by medical and referred to one of the CBI classes.
Family Liaison Service Specialist
CDCR provides through a contract with a community-based organization an on-site Case Manager as a family reunification liaison for inmates and family members, to assist with an inmates pre-release preparation; and conduct Parenting and Creative Conflict Resolution classes for inmates. Please call the Institution to contact the Family Reunification Liaison.
Calipatria is a desert region and in the middle of a winter playground for off road enthusiasts and other visitors. Fifteen miles south is Brawley, home every November to one of the most popular western rodeo’s in the country. The Cattle Call Rodeo attracts an estimated 200,000 fans to the Brawley area. You’re also an easy drive to some of the most popular Southern California destinations like Glamis Sand Dunes, Baja California, Palm Springs, San Diego and Big Bear Mountain Resort.
At 184 feet below sea level, Calipatria is at the lowest elevation of any prison in the Western Hemisphere.
Warren L. Montgomery has been warden or acting warden at Calipatria State Prison 2013.
Montgomery served as chief deputy administrator at Ironwood State Prison from 2012 to 2013.
He was associate warden at Chuckawalla Valley State Prison from 2010 to 2012.
At Chuckawalla, he held several positions from 1993 to 2010, including correctional captain, lieutenant, health program coordinator, sergeant, senior medical technical assistant and medical assistant.
Info coming soon
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC’s) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC’s promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.