Since rehabilitation and re-entry is also about learning to help the community, Avenal State Prison’s incarcerated population gave back in a big way. Through food sales, Avenal prison’s six facilities raised $8,874 for five worthy regional community non-profits.
With food sales from restaurants like Boston Pizza and Kentucky Fried Chicken, the population raised money for:
- Central California Family Crisis Organization
- Boys and Girls Club of Fresno County
- The Kings County Action Organization
- The Lemoore Youth Soccer League
- and Veterans Transition Support.
By Lieutenant James Campbell