Over the last few months, the Avenal State Prison Recruitment Team has been busy throughout the Central Valley.
The team has attended various events such as:
- National Night out at the Lemoore Naval Air station
- Lemoore High Schools Career fair
- Community Career Fair at Hanford Civic Auditorium
- Avenal Police Departments Community First Responder Appreciation day
- Career day at Avenal High School
- West Hills College Career Fair in Firebaugh
- Mid-State Fair
- Kern County Fair
- Orange Grove High School’s Career and College Fair.
The Avenal team has been working hard through community collaboration.
CDCR seeks to hire a diverse group of correctional officers over the next year. CDCR is specifically looking for individuals inspired by making a positive difference in the lives of others while helping carry out the department’s rehabilitative and public safety missions.
The ability to recruit from the area is important for the Avenal prison recruitment team since members were raised locally.
This gives a whole new meaning to giving back when you are able to assist members of the community facilitate their way through the hiring process.
Interested applicants can apply at JoinCDCR.com.
Submitted by Sgt S. Diaz