Employee Health & Wellness
Employee Health & Wellness provides peer support and employee wellness programs to CDCR staff, as well as policy and testing support to the department.
Resources of the Month:
Peer Support Program (PSP)
This program was established to ensure CDCR staff involved in work-related critical incidents are provided with intervention and available resources to cope with the immediate effects of a traumatic incident.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers CDCR staff helpful tools and resources to help with daily life or guidance with difficult situations. EAP offers face-to-face counseling or telephone coaching, is available 24/7, and completely confidential.
Employee Health & Wellness
855-897-9822 (toll free)
Employee and Family Resources
The LECS provide non-denominational spiritual and emotional support to staff and their eligible dependents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Chaplains have clergy privilege pursuant to the California Evidence Code, Division 8, Chapter 4, Article 8, Sections 1030-1034 which protects the employee and chaplain’s communication
- Safe Call Now - crisis support for public safety employees and their family
- Serve and Protect - crisis referral for public safety employees and their family
- Law Enforcement Cancer Support Foundation - emotional support from a law enforcement matched survivor
- First Responder Network - provide educational treatment programs to promote recovery from stress and critical incidents experienced by first responders and their families
- Compassionate Friends - supporting family after a child dies
- Open to Hope - online forum to support people who have experienced a loss
- Friends for Survival - support for those grieving a suicide tragedy
- Surviving Grief during the Holidays
- Supporting a Friend Through Loss
- Final Healing After a Loss
- Loss of a Co-Worker
- Understanding Grief - When your child dies
- The Grief of the Parents - A Lifetime Journey
- 7 Things I Have Learned Since the Loss of My Child
- When a Co-Worker Completes Suicide
- When a Family Member Completes Suicide
- CalHR Wellness Discounts
- Find a Weight Watchers Meeting
- Weight Watchers Flyer
- Weight Watchers Meetings Located Near CDCR Institutions
- Find out if you qualify for the Diabetes Prevention Program through your health plan as you may be eligible to join Weight Watchers for FREE. *Restrictions may apply. For more information visit:
- State employees, families, and retirees are eligible for Weight Watchers at a discounted price*!
- Monthly Pass - $44.95/month
- OnlinePlus - $19.95/month
*Enter State Employee ID 60026 and Passcode ww60026 upon enrollment.
- 24 Hour Fitness Discount - Excluding SF/Bay Area
- 24 Hour Fitness Discount - Bay Area Special Rates
- 24 Hour Fitness Located Near CDCR Institutions
- Find more 24 Hour Fitness Locations