For non-institution staff
This memorandum announces the cancellation of the COVID-19 vaccination verification, weekly testing, and data reporting requirements for California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS), and Division of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) staff working in headquarters, regional, and field office locations, and supersedes the following:
- July 30, 2021, memorandum titled, “COVID-19 Vaccination Status Verification Requirement,” as it applies to staff working in headquarters, regional, and field office locations.
- August 18, 2021, memorandum titled, “COVID-19 Weekly Testing Requirement for Staff Working in Headquarters, Regional and Field Office Locations.”
The term “staff” herein refers to civil service employees, health care registry providers, and contract workers working in headquarters, regional, and field office locations.
- Effective September 17, 2022, the California Department of Human Resources will no longer require the following:
- Verification of COVID-19 vaccination status of current and newly-hired staff.
- Weekly COVID-19 testing for staff who report onsite and are unvaccinated, partially- vaccinated, or have not provided a record of full COVID-19 vaccination, including those who have an approved religious or reasonable medical accommodation for the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Weekly reporting of COVID-19 testing, vaccination, and absenteeism data.
The last day of the COVID-19 vaccine verification, weekly testing, and data reporting requirements, which have been in effect since August 2, 2021, August 9, 2021, and September 27, 2021, respectively, will be September 16, 2022.
COVID-19 testing shall be limited to those who have symptoms, are identified as close contacts of a person with COVID-19, and/or are exposed during an outbreak pursuant to the California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Occupational Safety and Health’s COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards.
As a reminder, non-institutional CDCR/CCHCS/DJJ staff shall follow institutional testing protocols when visiting or working in a CDCR institution or DJJ facility. Both institutional and non- institutional testing protocols are constantly evaluated and will be revised based on most current public health ordinances. CDCR, CCHCS and DJJ shall continue to assess conditions and may be required to reinstate, as needed, higher levels of testing and mitigation strategies to limit the spread of COVID-19 within our work locations.
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19 testing and other COVID-19-related topics, please contact the Employee Health Program.