Electronic 998‑A Timesheet
Date: March 27, 2020
To: California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) All Staff California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) All Staff
From: Katherine Minnich, Deputy Director, Human Resources CDCR and Jasinda Muhammad, Deputy Director, Human Resources CCHCS
Subject: Electronic submission of employee’s record of attendance CDCR 998-A
This memorandum is to provide direction to all CDCR and CCHCS staff regarding the electronic submission of the Employee Record of Attendance(CDCR 998-A) for all employees not live in Workforce TeleStaff (WFTS). Custody and Nursing staff live in WFTS will follow existing processes.
Employees who are teleworking (e.g., working remotely from home) and unable to submit a signed original CDCR 998-A to their supervisor on payday shall do the following:
- Access the CDCR 998-A only via the CDCR/CCHCS COVID-19 Internet site, the CDCRNet Intranet, CCHCS Lifeline Intranet, or attached to this memo
- Complete the CDCR 998-A and enter “EE submitted electronically” in the EMPLOYEE’S SIGNATURE field. Use of electronic signatures will not be accepted at this time.
- Employees without access to Microsoft Excel will complete the CDCR 998-A attached to this email as a PDF document, or
- Email their supervisor with their leave usage, overtime worked, etc.
- The Supervisor will complete the CDCR 998-A on behalf of the employee and enter “Employee Unavailable to Sign” in the EMPLOYEE’S SIGNATURE field
- Email the completed CDCR 998-A or leave usage, overtime worked to their supervisor along with copies of any required substantiation, including but not limited to:
- Medical substantiation, such as a healthcare provider’s certification of chronic health condition, visit verifications, etc.
- Authorization of Extra Hours Worked Std. 682, Jury Duty, Subpoenaed Witness, bereavement leave, or other required substantiation
Supervisors will review the CDCR 998-A and substantiation (if applicable). If it is accurate, the supervisor will:
- Enter their name in the SUPERVISOR’S SIGNATURE field
- If the CDCR 998-A is inaccurate, the supervisor will return the CDCR 998-A to the employee via email to be corrected and proceed with the submission process once it is verified to be accurate
- Forward the email with the electronically submitted CDCR 998-A and substantiation (if applicable) to the timekeeper (for headquarters’ employees) or designated staff in the institution
NOTE: The email must include the following statement, “I certify that I have reviewed and verified that the attached CDCR 998-A is correct.”
Timekeepers or designated Institution staff will:
- Print the CDCR 998-A, substantiation (if applicable), and the email from the supervisor and submit to the local Personnel Office by the third working day following payday.
- Once the employee and supervisor are available to sign the original CDCR 998-A, timekeepers will submit the original signed CDCR 998-As to the local Personnel Office.
If you have any questions, within CDCR contact your local Personnel Office; within CCHCS contact your assigned Personnel Specialist or Regional Human Resources Field Liaison.
For additional guidance for local processes related to Custody WFTS, please contact Carissa Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org or for Nursing WFTS, please contact Millie Zeegers at email@example.com.
All references to “attachment” refer to an attachment sent to official CDCR email accounts. Please check your official CDCR email for the 998-A attachment.