Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Sex Offenders Program
The Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Sex Offenders (CBI-SO) Program is a pilot program which provides Cognitive Behavioral Treatment programming to address the criminogenic needs of incarcerated individuals who are required to register pursuant to Penal Code section 290 (PC 290). The focus of CBI-SO Program is to increase public safety by reducing criminal behavior and recidivism for incarcerated individuals who will be mandated to participate in community-based treatment programs upon release.
Available at the Substance Abuse Treatment Facility
Eligibility requirements require incarcerated individuals to be:
- Be within 13-months of their scheduled release date;
- Have a Static 99R score of four or higher;
- Be required to register pursuant to PC 290;
- Be Medium A/B Custody;
- Be Level II/III housing;
- Not be serving a life sentence; and
- Have no active felony hold, warrant, or detainer that may result in additional incarceration.