Office of Program Operations
As part of CDCR’s Division of Rehabilitative Programs, the Office of Program Operations (OPO) provides comprehensive pre-release rehabilitative programs and services for inmates while in prison and comprehensive post-release rehabilitative programs and services to parolees after prison to ensure a continuum of care. These rehabilitative programs and services are provided through the two sections within the OPO.
The two sections within OPO are:
In-Prison Programs provide comprehensive pre-release rehabilitative programs and services for inmates while in prison, and works closely with Community Reentry Services to ensure a continuum of care.
These programs and services focus on:
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment (CBT)
- Pre-release education, planning, and skills
- Acquisition of California ID Card (CAL-ID)
Community Reentry Services provide comprehensive post-release rehabilitative programs and services located in communities throughout the State of California delivered through residential, outpatient, and drop-in centers.
These programs focus on:
- Housing, life skills, and family unification
- Educational including GED, academic and vocational training
- Employment assistance and placement