Long-Term Transitional Housing Program
The Long-Term Transitional Housing Program (THP) is geared towards long-term or life-term inmates seeking programming and support after years of incarceration. This program provides meals, support services, resources, and programming with housing and supervision in a safe, clean, and drug-free environment. THP offers services that focus on long-term inmate needs such as employment, job search and placement training, stress management, victim awareness, computer supported literacy, and life skills. Substance use education and a 52-week certified domestic violence program is provided to applicable parolees. THP provides peer-driven support, assistance, and guidance to newly released long-term inmates to assist parolees with successful reintegration into their communities.
THP services are located in the following counties:
- Los Angeles (4 locations)
- San Diego
- San Francisco
THP services are up to 180 days with the possibility of an additional 185 days, based on assessed need..
All parolees subject to the jurisdiction of Division of Adult Parole Operations (DAPO) are eligible for placement in the THP. The parolee population served under the THP includes, but not limited to:
- Life-term inmates granted release from prison will be given first priority;
- Participants on active parole who have been referred by DAPO who have a need for transitional housing and/or reintegration services (acceptance on a case-by-case basis);
- Penal Code (PC) Section 290 registrants;
- Serious and violent inmates (e.g. PC Sections 1192.7 and 667.5); and
- Additional referrals deemed appropriate by DRP.
CDCR will consider placement under the following circumstances on a case-by-case basis:
- Parolees designated high notoriety;
- Parolees required to register pursuant to Penal Code PC 457.1 (Arson);
- Parolees in custody pending local misdemeanor charges that could result in county jail time;
- Parolees who are identified as members or affiliates of CDCR Security Threat Group I; and
- Parolees classified as Enhanced Outpatient Program.
Enrollment requires a referral by parolee’s Agent of Record via a CDCR Form 1502, Activity Report.
THP Contact Information: